Tips for Making Your Submission More Competitive
Once we confirm your submission meets the minimum requirements, it will be reviewed by our editorial team. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we unfortunately aren’t able to feature every book we’d like to include in the BookBub email. However, our editorial team takes great care when selecting those titles they believe will appeal most to our members. These are some of the main factors they consider during the review process:
- Price point: Deals at lower price points and free deals are more appealing to our subscribers, and therefore more likely to be selected by our editors. We rarely feature books priced above $2.99.
- Professional presentation: We look for books with professional and appealing covers.
- Customer Reviews: Customer reviews and ratings help our editors get a better sense of how other readers have responded to your book, and our editors are generally more likely to select books with higher numbers of customer reviews. However, there is no specific "minimum requirement" for reviews, and they are only one factor out of many that we consider.
- Critical reviews: Write-ups from trusted editorial sources can also help us evaluate your submission. Same goes for awards, bestseller lists, and other accolades.
- Retailer product page: Because we direct our members to the retailer product pages for the books we feature, we want to ensure they have a good experience once they arrive. We look for product pages that are informative, clear, well-written, and error free.
- Subject matter: Certain genres and subgenres perform better with our readers than others. There’s a chance we simply don’t have the right category for your title right now or that the particular subject matter of your book isn’t as good a fit as others in the same category. However, we’re constantly expanding and adding new lists, so stay tuned for updates.
- Date flexibility: We have a limited number of spots in each category, so indicating that your dates are flexible makes it more likely that we’ll be able to include your title.
Note: If your submission is not selected and you would like to resubmit your book for consideration in the future, please wait at least four weeks before doing so.
Next: See Categories and Pricing